Shrewsbury Prison Guided Tour From GBP 12.50Inquire
Walk in the footsteps of prisoners who have been residents of the wings during the last 200 years. Discover what happens behind the high walls and locked doors. Experience the hidden world of capital punishment and see first hand where executions took place.
Jailhouse Tours at Shrewsbury Prison conducts guided tours run by ex-prison officers who once managed these prisons. Our two hour tours give you the opportunity to view our historic buildings and learn more about their history dating back to 1793.
LocationGoogle maps link
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour time.
- Wrap up warm its cold in the prison
- Prison tours last for two hours and cover approximately one mile and 200 stairs.
- Children are allowed on tours but we recommend parental guidance for age as some of the content may be unsuitable.
- We regret we are unable to provide wheelchair access.
- Car parking available on site for £4.50
- Tours run by Ex-officers
- Access to all areas
- Interactive tours, ask questions learn about the history
- Car Park, Toilets and Wi-Fi